What is CBD Cream Used For?
CBD Cream Dispensary Canada, When topicals are applied to the skin, they can potentially benefit not only the surface of the skin, but also below. When CBD is applied topically to the skin it penetrates both the dermal and subdermal layers of the skin.
The human body has an endocannabinoid system (ECS) that regulates appetite, mood, and pain and pleasure sensations. Cannabinoids such as THC and CBD can activate our body’s endocannabinoid system by binding to cell receptors in the skin, muscle tissues, and nerves. This interaction explains why the most common CBD cream uses are for chronic pain or inflammation.
How to Use CBD Cream
Generally speaking, using CBD-infused creams and other topicals is extremely easy. After identifying where the pain or discomfort lies, the consumer can simply apply the topical around that area for local treatment.
The process of applying CBD topicals is similar to putting on a moisturizing lotion. However, administering the proper dosage of CBD to the skin is not as straightforward. It’s important to find out how many milligrams of CBD are in the topical to gauge whether there’s enough of this cannabinoid to provide the therapeutic relief. A topical with a low amount of CBD will likely be less effective than one with higher concentrations.
CBD Cream Dispensary Canada, In 2016 the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) discovered that 20.4% of US adults—some 50 million Americans—were living with chronic pain. So how can CBD help these people feel better?
Well, our bodies have a system that controls a lot of what we feel. The endocannabinoid system, or ECS, governs functions such as our body’s ability to process pain, as well as inflammation, mood, and sleep, to name a few. The hemp plant contains phytocannabinoids like CBD that interact with our ECS. This explains why hemp has therapeutic properties.
What to look for in a CBD cream
These are some of the most important considerations when selecting most CBD products, including topicals like a CBD pain cream.
- Quality control: A brand should display recent third-party lab testing results.
- Hemp source: We recommend you buy brands that make products from US-grown hemp.
- Extraction method: CO2 and ethanol extraction methods are considered robust.
- Brand reputation: Check out brand reviews for specifics. Brand longevity and size can be relevant, but some newer, smaller brands are serious about quality, too.
- Strength/potency: No clinical consensus exists yet to inform dosing. Depends on your personal needs and pain response. Hemp topical products vary in CBD milligrams per ounce.
- Type of hemp extract: Full-spectrum (whole hemp plant extract, contains some THC); broad-spectrum extract (full spectrum of cannabinoids minus THC); CBD isolate (just CBD).
Now that we’ve explored the background on CBD topicals and how they might aid in pain management, let’s dive into our top six product recommendations for the best CBD cream for pain.
Showing all 4 results